Are you prone to cracked teeth or have a cracked tooth that needs repairing right now?
When you bite down, you feel a sharp pain, it quickly disappears and perhaps you ignore it. You
avoid certain foods or chew only on one side of your mouth. Does this sound familiar? If so, you may have a cracked tooth.
Are you wondering how you could have cracked your tooth? There are a number of ways it can happen.....
- Chewing on hard objects or foods such as ice, nuts or hard
- Teeth that have undergone endodontic (root canal) therapy with no crown or restoration to strengthen the tooth
- Accidents that result in a blow to the mouth and teeth
- Teeth grinding and clenching
- Uneven chewing pressure
- A bite that is out
- Loss of tooth structure from a large cavity, filling or other restoration
- Temperature extremes such as eating hot food and then drinking ice water
Many people tend to leave these
issues alone until the crack worsens and they start to feel pain then often, significant restorative work needs to be done.
Simply put, restorative treatments fall into two
broad categories, simple and complex. The treatment for a simple cracked tooth can be the placement of a simple crown over the tooth. The treatment for a complex cracked tooth is a root canal followed by a crown replacement.
Specific treatment options may vary after professional assessment based on your individual needs.
At Active Dental we have a number of restorative treatments that can resolve any problems that may arise with your teeth:
These options ensure that the highest quality materials are being used to complete your restorations and unsightly black amalgam fillings and
restorations are a thing of the past.
If you’ve not visited us before and you are interested in fixing a cracked tooth or maybe a tooth you think may be cracked, we thoroughly recommend you contact us at Active Dental on 9891 5353 or email@example.com for a consultation to find out how we can help you before it becomes painful.
« Back to Our Treatments